Friday 13 January 2012

Accidentally Girly Spaghetti

2012 is all about pink food
I won't pretend this was done on purpose, but I did think a bowl or neon pink pasta was hilarious, slightly scary and worth posting. May I suggest cooking this on Valentine's day when the lurid pink would perhaps be more appropriate! This was a very quickly put together supper when the cupboards were barer than Mother Hubbard's and I grabbed some prawns and baby spinach from the shops on the way home. Little did I know the spinach contained shredded beetroot, but it was a happy discovery. It tasted good, and who doesn't like pink pasta??! So this is pink garlic prawn spaghetti.

Feeds two. Get enough spaghetti for two on the boil. While that is happening, in a big-ish saucepan, gently fry some finely chopped garlic in olive oil. After five minutes add a decent splash of white wine and let it bubble for a few minutes. Add to this as many raw peeled prawns as you like and a few generous handfuls of baby spinach and shredded beetroot salad (from a bag from M&S in my case) and let it wilt for 30 seconds or so. Stir in a big tbsp of creme fraiche, shout 'bugger me, it's gone pink!!!' and season. Drain the spaghetti and stir into the pan with the sauce, mix well and get a squeal of excitement or grunt of disapproval depending on who you serve it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment